As you are a genuine tax payer, the ATO allows you to comply with their tax commitments yet the relationship amongst you and the ATO is a two way road and you are additionally being qualified for specific rights in your dealings with the taxman. A Taxpayers Charter has been distributed by the ATO, which sets out each citizen’s rights and qualifications under the law, and the administration and different benchmarks that can be normal from the ATO. There is a desire that all duty officers will take after the Taxpayers Charter in their dealings with citizens.
As set out in the Charter, you can anticipate that the Tax Office will:
• Treat you decently and sensibly
• Regard you as being straightforward in your duty issues unless you act generally
• Offer you proficient administration and help to help you comprehend and meet your duty commitments
• Acknowledge that you can be spoken to by a man of your decision and to get exhortation about your duty undertakings
• Regard your security
• Keep data held about you private, as per the law
• Give you access to data held about you, as per the law and more.