If a person wants to begin a DGR to give donations for disaster in Australia, their options include:
• Necessitous circumstances fund: It is a public donation maintained and established for the purposes of alleviating the necessitous circumstances in Australia for the people
• Public benevolent institution: It is an NFP (Not for Profit) organization maintained and established for the relief of sickness, poverty, suffering, misfortune, distress, helplessness or disability.
• Australian disaster fund: Australian disaster relief donations are a fund which is maintained and established to provide for the people in Australia who are in distress by disaster.
• Public ancillary funds: Public ancillary funds are maintained and established under a will of trust for anyone of this following purpose.
1) Providing property, benefits or money to other DGRs
2) Establishing DGRs
In response to the high scale disasters, the Australian government also lists the donation which can receive donations in the form of tax deductible from the public.